Preparation time: 15 min.
Chilling time: 1 hr.
Baking time: 20 min. each sheet
Oven temperature: 350°F
Almost better than cheesecake, these tender buttery cookies have a soft cheese filling and a graham cracker coating for the crust.
For about 4 1/2 dozen cookies you will need:
1 cup butter or margarine
4 oz. cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. grated lemon rind
1 Tbsp. lemonjuice
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup fine graham cracker crumbs
Cheese filling (recipe follows)
Cheese Filling: Beat together until smooth 4 oz. cream cheese, 2 Tbsp. sugar, 1/2 tsp. grated lemon rind, 1 egg yolk and 1 Tbsp. half-and-half, milk our sour cream.
1. Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until blended. Add egg, lemon rind and lemon juice. Mix well.
2. Combine flour and baking powder. Add to first mixture and blend well. Cover. Chill for at least 1 hr.
3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in graham cracker crumbs. Arrange on ungreased baking sheets.
4. With finger make an indentation in center of each cookie. Fill with 1/2 teaspoonful of filling.
5. Bake at 350°F for about 20 min. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store airtight.
© MCMLXXXIV My Great Recipes. All Rights Reserved. Printed in Holland.
Reblogged this on hocuspocus13 and commented:
Pingback: #Cheesecake Cookies | Ola Queen Bee of Astrology
I think I’ll try it!
Hi, Do you by chance have a recipe for tomato aspic? I have been looking for this for ages!! Thanks.
Sent from my iPad
Here’s one! Tomato Aspic