Cooking time: approx. 20 min
Ingredients (4 pers.)
2 hectograms beef sirloin
1 egg yolk
approx. ½ deciliter cream
1 tablespoon chopped beetroot
1 tablespoon chopped onion
1 tablespoon capers
salt and white pepper
4 slices white bread
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
8 anchovy fillets
1. Mix together the mince with egg yolk and cream.
2. Mix in finely chopped beetroot, onion, capers, salt and pepper.
3. Sparingly spread butter on the bread slices.
4. Put 1/4 of the stuffing on each sandwich and shape with your hands.
5. Fry the mince side first, but not too quickly.
6. Then flip the sandwich and let the bread side soak up the frying fat.
7. Fry the eggs lightly and place a couple of anchovies around each yolk.
8. Garnish each steak with anchovy fillets.
9. Serve with a green salad.
Translation of original Swedish recipe card courtesy of Google Translate.
© Hemmets Journal AB S/B/3