Preparation time: approx. 20 min
Browning time: 4-5 min.
Oven temperature: 275° or grill
Ingredients: (4 pers)
4-6 big yellow onions
1 tbsp butter or margarine
3 tbsp cream
salt and white pepper
8 wiener sausage
5-6 tbsp grated cheese
- Peel the onions and boil them in salted water until almost soft.
- Let the onions cool and cut off the top third with a sharp knife. Carefully remove the bulbs from the middle, saving a peel of 1-2 cm.
- Chop the onion innards and fry them in the shortening.
- Whisk together the eggs with the cream, salt and pepper, and pour the egg mixture into the onion stew. Scrape from the bottom with a wooden spoon or spatula until the egg whites hold together fairly well.
- Fill the onions with the egg mixture and place in a greased ovenproof dish.
- Place the wiener sausage between the onions and sprinkle grated cheese over everything.
- Brown and serve immediately with bread and green salad.
© Hemmets Journal AB S/F/1
Recipe translated by Google Translate.