1 can (8 1/4 oz) pineapple tidbits
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 envelope unflavored gelatine
1 pkg (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 cup miniature marshmallows
1 cup sliced banana
1 can (11 oz) mandarin-orange sections, drained
1/2 cup drained maraschino cherries, halved
1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1 cup heavy cream, whipped
1 large bunch watercress
1. Drain pineapple, reserving liquid.
2. Pour lemon juice into measuring cup and add enough reserved pineapple liquid to make 1/2 cup. Pour into small saucepan.
3. Sprinkle gelatine over liquid in pan. Let stand 5 minutes, to soften.
4. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatine is dissolved. Remove from heat.
5. In large bowl, with wooden spoon, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Add drained pineapple, marshmallows, banana, orange sections, cherries, walnuts and gelatine mixture; mix well.
6. Refrigerate – about 20 minutes, until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from spoon.
7. Gently fold in whipped cream until well combined.
8. Turn into 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan lined with waxed paper. Freeze at least 4 hours, until firm.
9. To serve: Turn out of pan. Cut into slices. Place on bed of watercress. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 12 to 16 servings.
© Copyright 1973 by The McCally Publishing Co. All rights reserved. Printed in U.S.A.