4 (5- to 6-oz size) lobster tails, cooked
1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts, drained
⅓ cup butter or margarine
1 green pepper, cut in strips
1 small onion, peeled and quartered
¼ cup unsifted all-purpose flour
1¾ teaspoons salt
12 teaspoon paprika
⅛ teaspoon pepper
2½ cups milk
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon bottled capers, drained
½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon lemon juice
⅓ cup sherry
2 cups hot seasoned mashed potatoes
- Remove lobster meat from shells; cut into bite-size chunks. Cut artichoke hearts in half; gently toss with lobster. Set aside.
- In hot butter in medium saucepan, sauté green pepper and onion until tender – about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. With slotted spoon, lift out vegetables; combine with lobster mixture.
- Into same butter in saucepan, stir flour, salt, paprika, and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk.
- Bring to boiling, stirring; boil 1 minute.
- Stir some hot mixture into egg; pour back into saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring – about 5 minutes.
- Add lobster mixture along with rest of ingredients, except mashed potatoes; mix well. Gently reheat.
- Spoon into 4 to 6 individual casseroles, or a shallow, 2-quart casserole.
- Put mashed potatoes into pastry bag, using a rosette tip. Pipe potato around edge of each casserole.
- Run casseroles under broiler 2 to 3 minutes, or just until potatoes are nicely browned. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
©️ Copyright 1973 by The McCall Publishing Co. All rights reserved. Printed in U.S.A.