4 (8-oz size) frozen rock lobster tails
2 lb raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
2 pkg (6-oz size) frozen* king crab, thawed and drained
10 tablespoons butter or margarine
⅔ cup flour
2 teaspoons salt
½ teaspoon paprika
Dash white pepper
3 to 3½ cups half-and-half (half milk, half cream)
1¼ cups dry white wine
*Or use 2 cans (7½-oz size) king crabmeat, drained
- In large kettle, bring 2½ quarts water to boiling. Add lobster tails; return to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 8 minutes. With slotted utensil, lift out lobster tails, and set aside until cooled enough to handle.
- Return water to boiling. Add shrimp; return to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Drain crabmeat, removing any cartilage and leaving pieces as big as possible.
- Remove meat from lobster shells; cut into bite-size pieces.
- Melt butter in Dutch oven; remove from heat. Stir in flour, salt, paprika, and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in 3 cups half-and-half, mixing until smooth.
- Bring to boiling, stirring. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes.
- Add wine, stirring until well combined. Add seafood; stir gently until combined. Cook over low heat until heated through. (Do not boil.) Add more half-and-half if sauce is too thick. Makes 12 servings.
© Copyright 1973 by The McCall Publishing Co. All rights reserved. Printed in U.S.A.
Wow white food