1 can (1qt. 14oz) tomato juice
12 whole black peppers
8 whole cloves
2 bay leaves
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 envelopes unflavoured gelatine
1. In medium saucepan, combine 5 cups tomato juice, peppers, cloves, bay leaves, and salt. Bring to boiling, reduce heat, then simmer 5 minutes.
2. Sprinkle gelatine over remaining tomato juice to soften. Add to hot mixture; stir until gelatine is dissolved. Remove from heat.
3. Strain mixture. Pour into 12 individual molds or 1 1/2 quart mold.
4. Refrigerate until firm – at least 3 hours.
5. To unmold: Run small spatula around edge of mold. Invert on serving plate, place a hot, damp dishcloth on bottom of mold, and shake gently to release. Garnish as desired – with sliced olives, green peppers, cucumber, or salad greens. Serve with mayonnaise.
Makes 8 servings.
©Copyright 1973 by The McCall Publishing Co. All rights reserved. Printed in U.S.A.