Small ripe bananas
Vanilla ice cream
Strawberry ice cream
Chocolate ice cream
Prepared fudge sauce
STRAWBERRY SAUCE (below)
Prepared creamy marshmallow topping
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Maraschino cherries, with stems
1. For each serving, peel 2 bananas, cut one in half lengthwise, and place one half on each side of oval dish. Cut other banana in quarters, and place at ends of dish.
2. Using large, number-6, ice-cream scoop, make 1 vanilla, 1 strawberry, and 1 chocolate ice-cream ball. Place vanilla and strawberry balls in center of dish; place chocolate ball on top.
3. Spoon 2 tablespoons fudge sauce over vanilla ice cream. 2 tablespoons Strawberry Sauce over strawberry ice cream, 2 tablespoons marshmallow topping over chocolate ice cream.
4. Decorate with whipped cream in pastry bag, using number-6 decorating tip. Sprinkle with walnuts; garnish with cherry.
1 pkg (10 oz)frozen sliced strawberries
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons strawberry preserves
1. Drain strawberries, reserving syrup. Add water to syrup to measure 1 cup. In small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually add strawberry syrup, stirring until smooth.
2. Over low heat, slowly bring to boiling, stirring until mixture is thick and translucent.
3. Remove from heat. Stir in strawberries and preserves.
4. Stir until preserves are melted. Refrigerate until cold. Makes 1 1/3 cups.
© Copyright 1973 by The McCall Publishing Co. All rights reserved. Printed in U.S.A.