2 envelopes unflavored gelatine
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 2/3 cups boiling water
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 cups rose wine
5 drops red food color
3/4 cup diced orange sections
3/4 cup diced unpared red apple
1/2 cup slivered pitted dates
1/4 cup diced grapefruit sections
1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
1. Combine gelatine, sugar, and salt in large bowl. Add water; stir until gelatine mixture is dissolved. Stir in lemon peel, lemon juice and wine. Add food color, a drop at a time; mix well.
2. Refrigerate about 1 hour, or just until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from spoon.
3. Meanwhile, lightly toss fruit and celery until well mixed. Stir in gelatine mixture.
4. Turn into 5 1/2 cup ring mold. Refrigerate until firm – about 2 hours.
5. To serve: run spatula around edge of mold; carefully unmold fruit ring onto salad greens.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
©Copyright 1973 by The McCall Publishing Co. All rights reserved. Printed in U.S.A.