3 cloves garlic
3 Tablespoons flour
1 pound ground beef
a pinch coriander
3 Tablespoons bread crumbs
2 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons tomato sauce
- Hard-cook the eggs and put them quickly into cold water to facilitate shelling. Mince the garlic.
- Mix the ground meat with garlic, a pinch of coriander, salt and pepper.
- Dust a board with flour. Cut the meat in half. Flatten out one half with your hand to make a rectangle 4 by 5 inches. Place the hard-boiled eggs on this rectangle.
- Place the other half of meat on the eggs. Shape so as to obtain a kind of sausage, enclosing the eggs.
- Beat the rest of the eggs. Roll the “sausage” in the flour, in the beaten eggs, and then in the bread crumbs.
- Brown in heated butter in a frying pan. Add the tomato sauce. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
Egyptians enjoy this dish very much. Try it; your guests will as for second helping.
© Shufutnotomo Co., Ltd., Japan, 1971. Published in the United States and Canada by BOBLEY PUBLISHING, a division of Illustrated World Encyclopedia, Inc. Printed in Japan.