Cooking time: 25 mins.
Preprartion time: 10-15 mins.
Main cooking utensils: skillet, ovenproof dish
Oven temperature: 375°
Oven position: center
For 4 people you need:
3-4 slices bacon
1 clove garlic
1 tablespoon tomato catsup
1 tablespoon paprika pepper
2 16-oz. cans baked beans with sausages
1. Cut bacon into strips, cook lightly with crushed garlic.
2. Add tomato catsup, paprika, and marjoram.
3. Arrange baked beans, etc., in oven-proof dish with bacon mixture on top.
4. Make four hollows in the beans and break an egg into each.
5. Cover and bake for approximately 20 minutes or until the eggs are set.
TO SERVE: Hot
TO VARY: Fry bacon and garlic, add flavoring, beans, etc., and top with fried or poached eggs.
To fry eggs: Heat little fat in pan – it should be hot enough to set egg white immediately it goes into pan. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
To poach eggs: Lower eggs into boiling salted water. Cook steadily for 3-4 minutes. Or, heat butter in metal cups of egg poacher. Put in eggs. Cook 4-5 minutes over boiling water.
PRINTED IN CANADA © Copyright Paul Hamlyn, Ltd. 1967