Cooking time: 10-15 mins.
Preparation time: few mins.
Main cooking utensils: broiler pan, wooden toothpicks
For 4 people you need:
1 lb. pork sausage links (8)
8 slices processed or Dutch cheese
8 pineapple chunks
1. Prick the sausages lightly.
2. Broil until golden brown. Allow to cool.
3. Split down the center and insert a little chutney.
4. Place each diagonally across a slice of cheese. Lift the loose corners up and skewer with a toothpick.
5. Cut the pineapple chunks in half and put a piece on either end of each pick to keep cheese upright.
TO SERVE: As a light snack with green salad. Garnish as shown.
TO VARY: Use canned cherries or apricots in place of pineapple or a ring of fresh orange or apple (sprinkle apple with lemon juice to keep it white).
TO STORE: Keep well covered with foil to prevent cheese drying.
PRINTED IN CANADA. © Copyright Paul Hamlyn Ltd. 1967