Preparation time: 20 min.
Cooking time: 15 min.
There is a little time involved in preparing this dish which, with the rice, is almost a complete meal in itself.
For 4 servings you will need:
1 lb. lean ground beef
3 Tbsp. soy sauce, divided
1 Tbsp. oil
1 medium onion, sliced lengthwise
2 tsp. minced ginger root, optional
1 cup beef broth
1 cup small cauliflowerets
1 can (8 1/4 oz.) sliced pineapple in syrup
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 medium green pepper, cut in rings
Hot cooked white or brown rice.
Tips: Broccoli flowerets can be substituted for cauliflowerets.
For 2 servings: Half of the ingredients
For 8 servings: Double the ingredients.
1. Mix lightly beef and 11 Tbsp. soy sauce
2. Shape meat in 4 large patties, about 1/2-inch thick.
3. Heat oil in medium skillet. Add patties and brown quickly on both sides. Remove meat.
4. Add onion and ginger, if used, to drippings in skillet. Sauté lightly.
5. Return patties to skillet. Add broth and cauliflower.
6. Cover and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until hamburgers are of desired doneness. Remove hamburgers from skillet.
7. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup syrup (if not enough, add water to equal amount needed). Dice pineapple.
8. Blend cornstarch, pineapple, syrup and remaining 2 Tbsp. soy sauce.
9. Stir into mixture in skillet. Cook, stirring until slightly thickened.
10. Return hamburgers to skillet. Reheat and serve on green pepper rings with rice. Spoon sauce over.
© MCMLXXXV My Great Recipes ® All Rights Reserved. Printed in Holland.