Preparation time: 20 min.
Cooking time: 5 min.
Chilling time: 2 to 3 hrs.
Quick, easy and refreshing in warm weather, these molds are also inexpensive.
For 4 servings you will need:
1 can (14 oz.) stewed tomatoes
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
1 tsp. each seasoned salt, sugar and parsley flakes or 1 Tbsp. fresh minced parsley
1/8 tsp. instant minced garlic
1/4 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crumbled
Dash hot pepper sauce
1 cup shredded zucchini (1 small)
Lettuce for garnish
Mayonnaise, salad dressing or sour cream
1. Drain juice from tomatoes into saucepan. Sprinkle with gelatin. Place over low heat about 5 min. stirring, until gelatin is dissolved.
2. Remove from heat. Add salt, sugar, parsley flakes or fresh parsley, garlic, oregano and hot pepper sauce, mixing well. Cool.
3. Meanwhile, cut tomatoes into small pieces. Add zucchini and cooled liquid. Mix well.
4. Divided among 4 individual molds or custard cups. Chill for 2 to 3 hrs. or until firm.
5. Unmold on lettuce-lined plates. Serve with mayonnaise, salad dressing, or sour cream.
Good served with: Cottage cheese, sliced cucumbers and Melba toast.
For 8 servings: Double the ingredients
© MCMLXXXIV My Great Recipes. All Rights Reserved. Printed in Holland.