Preparation time: 10 min.
Chilling time: 3 hrs. or overnight
This is probably one of the richest and smoothest chocolate mousses you will ever taste. It is also the easiest to make.
For 4 servings you will need:
6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate squares or bits
3 Tbsp. orange juice
2 Tbsp. Kahlua or other coffee liqueur
2 egg yolks
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup whipping cream
Chocolate-covered cookies for garnish
1. Combine the chocolate, orange juice and Kahlua in the top of a double boiler. Place over hot water and simmer until the chocolate melts. Set aside to cool.
2. Place the egg yolks and eggs in a blender container. Add the vanilla and sugar. Blend for 2min. at medium high speed.
3. Pour in the cream and blend for another 30 seconds.
4. Add the melted and cooled chocolate. Blend until smooth.
5. Pour into a bowl or individual serving cups. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hrs. or overnight. Garnish with chocolate-covered cookies and serve.
For 8 servings: Double the ingredients.
© MCMLXXXIV My Great Recipes. All Rights Reserved. Printed in Holland.