2 envelopes unflavored gelatine
1 1/2 cups skim milk yogurt
1 cup low calorie mayonnaise
1/2 cup chili sauce
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
2 lb shelled deveined shrimp, cooked
1/2 cup chopped celery
1. Sprinkle gelatine over 1 1/2 cups cold water in medium saucepan; left soften – about 5 minutes. Bring to boiling, stirring until gelatine is dissolved.
2. Set pan in bowl of ice cubes until gelatine is cold; stir once or twice.
3. Add yogurt, mayonnaise, chili sauce, lemon juice, onion, salt, and tarragon to gelatine; mix until well blended. Refrigerate or place over ice, stirring occasionally, until mixture is consistency of unbeaten egg white.
4. Set aside and refrigerate 8 shrimp, for garnish. Cut remaining shrimp into 1/4 inch pieces. Add chopped shrimp and celery to yogurt mixture; mix well. Turn into chilled, 2-quart mold or 8 individual molds.
5. Refrigerate until set – about 6 hours or overnight.
6. To serve: Run small spatula around edge of mold; dip mold in warm water for a few seconds. Unmold onto crisp lettuce. Garnish edge with whole shrimp.
Makes 8 servings; 228 calories each.
© Copyright 1973 by The McCall Publishing Co. All rights reserved. Printed in U.S.A.