2 cans (10 3/4 oz size) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
1 pkg (10 oz) frozen leaf or chopped spinach
1/4 lb sliced boiled ham, coarsely cut
1/4 cup instant mashed potato
1/4 lb thinly sliced peperoni
1. In medium saucepan, combine chicken broth, 1 cup water, spinach, and ham. Bring to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, 5 minutes, stirring to separate spinach.
2. Stir in instant potato. Add peperoni. Simmer 2 minutes longer, or until slightly thickened. Nice served with chunks of warm bread and butter. Makes 6 servings.
2 cans (10 3/4 oz size) condensed vegetable and beef stockpot soup
1/2 cup julienne carrot strips *
1/2 cup julienne celery strips *
1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
1. In medium saucepan, combine undiluted soup with 2 2/3 cups water. Heat to boiling.
2. Add vegetables. Cook, uncovered, 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
3. LAdle into bowls. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Note: If you wish, use 2/3 cup red win in place of 2/3 cup of the water.
*One inch, thin as matchsticks.
© Copyright 1973 by The McCall Publishing Co. All rights reserved. Printed in U.S.A.