1 can (7 oz) chunk-style tuna
1 can (7 3/4 oz) salmon
2 tablespoons margarine
2 tablespoons chopped onion
1 cup soft white bread crumbs
3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 can (1 lb) stewed tomatoes
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 8 1/2-by-4 1/2-by- 2 1/2 inch loaf pan. Place lightly greased strip of foil down center, letting it extend over ends.
2. Drain tuna. Drain salmon; remove skin and bones.
3. In hot margarine in small skillet, saute onion until tender. Stir in bread crumbs. Remove from heat.
4. In medium bowl, beat eggs slightly. Stir in milk, parsley, salt, Worcestershire, and bread crumb mixture. Fold in tuna, salmon, and lemon juice until well blended. Turn into prepared loaf pan. Bake 45 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Meanwhile, make Sauce: Drain 1/4 cup liquid from tomatoes into small saucepan. Stir in cornstarch until dissolved. Stir in tomatoes, salt, thyme, and remaining liquid. Bring to boiling, stirring constantly. Keep warm.
6. Let loaf stand about 3 minutes. Loosen around edges with spatula. Holding foil, gently lift loaf onto serving platter, so brown crust is on top. Carefully remove foil. Serve loaf with sauce. Makes 6 servings.
©Copyright 1973 by The McCall Publishing Co. All rights reserved. Printed in U.S.A.