1/2 lb salmon steak
1/2 lb halibut steak
3/4 lb raw medium-size shrimp
1/2 lb scallops
1 large avocado
5 drops Tabasco
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup dairy sour cream
1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
1/3 cup chutney
3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups salad oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Cut salmon and halibut into 3/4 inch cubes; discard skin and bones. Peel and devein shrimp. Cut scallops into quarters.
2. Arrange fish and shellfish in separate groups on tray. Cover with transparent plastic film. Refrigerate until serving time.
3. Prepare Avocado Sauce: Peel avocado and chop coarsely. Combine avocado, Tabasco, and lemon juice in container of electric blender, and blend until smooth. Spoon into small bowl, and refrigerate, covered, until serving.
4. Prepare Chutney Sauce: Combine sour cream, curry powder, and chutney in container of electric blender, and blend until smooth. Spook into small bowl, and refrigerate, covered, until serving.
5. At serving time, heat butter and oil in fondue pot over alcohol burner, until it starts to bubble.
6. Cut bananas crosswise into 1-inch slices, and sprinkle with lemon juice. Place on tray with fish.
7. To serve: Each person spears pieces of fish or banana with fondue fork and dips into bubbling fat. Fish is done when edges are slightly brown. Serve with sauces. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
©’Copyright 1973 by The McCall Publishing Co. All rights reserved. Printed in U.S.A.
Honestly, I was on board until the bananas.