For 4 servings you will need
1/2 cup long-grain rice
4 hard-cooked eggs
1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1 1/2 tsp. Dijon-style mustard
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups milk
1 cup frozen peas
3/4 cup shredded Swiss, Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese
Tips: To hard-cook eggs easily, put eggs in saucepan. Cover with hot tap water. Cover and bring to a hard boil. Remove from heat. Let stand for 15 minutes. Drain. Cover with cold water. Tap shells to break, then peel off.
For 2 servings:
Half of the ingredients. Use a 1-quart baking dish.
For 8 servings:
Double the ingredients. Use a 2-quart baking dish. Increase baking time to about 25 minutes.
1. Cook rice in boiling salted water. Drain if necessary. Turn into buttered shallow 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
2. Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Scrape out yolks. Mash yolks. Mix in mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, black pepper, 1/2 tsp. of the mustard and salt to taste.
3. Fill egg whites with mixture. Arrange on rice.
4. Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in flour. Remove from heat. Stir in milk. Then cook, stirring, until thickened. Add remaining mustard and peas. Add salt and pepper to taste. Heat well.
5. Pour over eggs and rice. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika.
6. Bake at 375°F for 15 to 20 min. or until hot and bubbly.
©MCMLXXXIV My Great Recipes. All rights reserved. Printed in Holland.