1 1/4 cups mayonnaise or cooked salad dressing
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
1 1/2 cups diced pared cucumber
Boston or iceberg lettuce, washed and crisped
1. Wash salmon. Place in large kettle or fish poacher. Add just enough water to cover salmon. Add sliced lemon, salt, black peppers, bay leaf, and celery tops.
2. Slowly bring to boiling; reduce heat, and simmer, covered, 30 to 35 minutes, or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.
3. With slotted utensils, carefully lift salmon out of water onto plate. Let stand until cool enough to handle. Remove and discard skin and bones (there should be about 2 1/2lb meat). Break salmon in large chunks into a large bowl. Chill several hours.
4. Make Dressing: In medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, dill, and diced cucumber; mix well. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
5. Just before serving, toss salmon with dressing. Taste; add salt if needed.
6. To serve: Line large serving plate with lettuce. Mound salad in center. Garnish with tomato and lemon wedges and cucumber slices.
Makes 12 servings
©Copyright 1973 by The McCall Publishing Co. All rights reserved. Printed in U.S.A.