2 medium pineapples
2 (8-oz size) boiled rock lobster tails
1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon, or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup catsup
2 tablespoons Cointreau
1 tablespoon port
1. Cup pineapples lengthwise into quarters, right through fronds. Remove and discard cores.
2. Scoop out pineapple, leaving shells intact.
3. Core and pare apples. Remove lobsters from shells. Cut lobster meat, apples, and pineapple into 1-inch cubes. Combine in medium bowl with tarragon and parsley; toss to blend. Refrigerate, covered, several hours, or until well chilled.
4. Make Sauce: In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, catsup, Cointreau, and port; mix well. Refrigerate, covered, until well chilled.
5. To serve, lightly toss lobster-fruit mixture an d sauce to mix well. Divide evenly into pineapple shells. If desired, decorate each with a flower.
Makes 8 servings.
©Copyright 1973 by The McCall Publishing Co. All rights reserved. Printed in U.S.A.
Wow, I made this for a holiday back in 7th grade. I remember it was good but took more effort than it was worth.
i also remember my mum being super suspicious when I put cointreau on the shopping list haha