1/4 lb chicken livers
Butter or margarine
6 tablespoons fresh white bread crumbs
6 slices (1/4 lb) Swiss cheese
2 tablespoons chopped onion
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, optional
3/4 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Wash and dry chicken livers. Cut into eighths.
2. Preheat oven to 350F. Butter 6 (5-inch) custard cups or ramekins. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon bread crumbs n bottom of each. Cover with slice of Swiss cheese.
3. In 3 tablespoons hot butter in small skillet, over medium heat, sauté chicken livers with onions, mushrooms, salt, pepper, and thyme, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Divide mixture into custard cups, pushing up around side, making an indentation in center. Break egg in each.
5. Over each egg, spoon 2 tablespoons cream, then sprinkle with 1 teaspoon grated cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10 to 12 minutes, until eggs are set. Serve at once. Serves 6.
Chicken Livers with Eggs
Baked Tomato Halves
Hot Buttered Corn Bread
©Copyright 1973 by The McCall Publishing Co. All rights reserved. Printed in U.S.A.