2 1/2 lb sweet potatoes or yams
1/4 cup melted butter or margarine
1/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup light molasses
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1. Wash potatoes. Place in kettle; cover with water. Bring to boiling; simmer,covered, 30 minutes, or until tender.
2. Drain; let cool just until they are easy to handle. Peel and mash potatoes; stir in butter.
3. Preheat oven to 375F. In bowl, beat eggs; add sugar and beat thoroughly.
4. Add milk, molasses, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg,and cloves, beat until well blended. Stir into mashed potatoes until well blended. Turn into buttered, 1 1/2 quart casserole.
5. Bake, covered, 50 to 60 minutes, or until heated through. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Note: Instead of fresh potatoes, you may use 2 cans (17-oz size) sweet potatoes or yams, drained and mashed. Proceed as in Step 3.
©Copyright 1973 by The McCall Publishing Co. All rights reserved. Printed in U.S.A.