You will need 2 lb. Top round tea (about ½ inch thick) Mixture A: 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon chile powder 1 teaspoon black pepper ½ cup flour
¼ cup lard 4 tomatoes, chopped 2 onions, chopped 1 green pepper, chopped 3 jalapeño chiles (optional) 3 tablespoons chopped pimentos 1 teaspoon chile powder Salt and pepper ½ cup red wine ¼ cup sherry 1 cup cooked beans 10 ripe olives, sliced (as a garnish)
Combine Mixture A. Dredge steak in flour mixture. Beat steak with a wooden handle or mallet. Heat lard and brown steak rapidly. Remove steak. Sauté onions and peppers. Add 1 teaspoon chile powder, tomatoes, pimentos and red wine. Simmer vegetables 10 minutes. Marinate browned steak in sherry 10 minutes. Place steak in baking dish. Add beans to cooked vegetable sauce. Spoon mixture over steak. Cover and bake at 350°F. for one hour. Garnish with olives slices or strips.
2lb ground beef round
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, crushed
4 raw egg yolks
8 anchovy fillets, drained
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup catsup
1/4 cup chili sauce
2 tablespoons brandy
1/4 cup capers, drained
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 lemons, quartered
Dark rye bread or toast
1. In medium bowl, combine beef, lemon juice, and garlic; toss lightly with fork just to combine. Lightly shape into 4 large patties. Arrange on serving platter
2. Make an indentation in center of each patty; place an egg yolk in each. Arrange 2 anchovy fillets around each egg yolk.
3. Press sour cream through pastry bag with number-5 fluted tip to form circle around edge of each patty. Refrigerate, lightly covered, until serving time.
4. In small bowl, combine catsup, chili sauce, and brandy; mix well.
5. Sprinkle with capers and onion. Garnish with lemon quarters. Serve with bread or toast. Makes 4 to 8 servings.