1 level tablespoonful gelatine
3 oz. caster sugar
pinch of salt
1 egg yolk
1/4 pint milk
grated rind of 1/4 lemon
1 tablespoonful lemon juice
10 oz. plain cottage cheese, sieved
1 egg white
1/4 pint (4 tablespoonfuls) double cream
small pineapple rings and glacé cherries for decoration
2 oz. digestive biscuits
2 level teaspoonfuls caster sugar
1 oz. butter, melted.
1. In a pan blend together gelatine, 2 /14 oz. sugar and the salt. Beat together egg yolk and milk; gradually stir into pan. Bring just to the boil, stirring. Off heat add rind and lemon juice. Cool until beginning to set. Stir in cheese.
2. Whip egg white, add 1/2 oz. sugar and whisk again. Fold quickly into cheese mixture followed by whipped cream.
3. Turn mixture into a 6-in. spring-release cake tin fitted with fluted tubular base, or use a 6-in. ring tin lined round the sides only with greaseproof paper.
4. Crush digestive biscuits and stir in sugar and butter. Use to cover cheese-cake mixture. Press lightly. Chill until firm.
5. Turn out carefully. Decorate with halved rings of pineapple and glacé cherries.
6/ Cream of Spinach Soup SET 1
37/Swedish Chicken Salad, Tomato and Watercress Salad, SET 2
Crusty French Bread
79/Refrigerator Cheese-cake SET 4
Numbers refer to other Good Housekeeping cards
Printed in Gt. Britain by Ritchie/Dickson Ltd.