1 clove garlic
12 ounces unripened soft cheese (traditionally cantal)
1 pound potatoes
2 ½ Tablespoons butter
1 ¼ cups heavy cream
- Crush the garlic. Slice the cheese very thin, or shred it if you wish. But do not grate it.
- Wash the potatoes carefully and boil them unpeeled in salt water for 30 minutes. Then peel and mash them immediately. Stir the purée over a low heat to dry it somewhat.
- Mix in the butter, cream, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add the cheese continue to stir the purée. You will gradually obtain a homogenous threading mixture.
- Serve immediately, since this purée cannot wait.
This distinctive purée will particularly enhance a roast beef dinner.
© Shufunotomo Co., Ltd., Japan 1971. Published in the United States and Canada by BOBLEY PUBLISHING, a division of Illustrated World Encyclopedia, Inc. Printed in Japan.