2 cups sifted* cake flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 egg yolks
1 1/4 cups milk
6 tablespoons salad oil
2 egg whites
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat waffle iron
2. Sift flour with baking powder and salt; set aside.
3. In medium bowl, with rotary beater, beat egg yolks, milk and salad oil until well combined. Gradually add flour mixture, a little at a time, beating after each addition; beat only until smooth.
4. In small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form when beater is raised. With rubber scraper, gently fold egg whites into batter just until combined. Stir in pecans.
5. For each waffle, pour about 1/2 cup of batter into center of lower half of waffle iron, until it spreads to in inch from edge.
6. Lower cover on batter. Cook as manufacturer directs, or until waffle iron stops steaming. Do not raise cover during baking.
7. Carefully loosen edge of waffle with fork; remove. Serve hot. Makes 4 large waffles.
* Sift before measuring
A SPECIAL FAMILY BREAKFAST
© Copyright 1973 by The McCall Publishing Co. All rights reserved. Printed in U.S.A.