1 1/2 cups packaged biscuit mix
1/3 cup sugar
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup milk
Butter or margarine
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly grease 8-inch, square baking pan.
2. In medium bowl, combine biscuit mix and sugar; mix well. With pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in peanut butter until mixture is coarse and crumbly.
3. Stir in 1/2 cup milk until well blended. Add remaining milk and egg; beat about 2 minutes.
4. With rubber scraper, spread mixture evenly in prepared pan.
5. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until shortcake is golden brown and cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
6. Cut shortcake into 9 squares. Split and butter while warm. Serve with honey.
Makes 9 squares.
20 slices white bread
3 pkg (3-oz size) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup black-raspberry or currant jelly
Using 2 1/2 inch cookie cutter, cut heart shapes from bread slices. Spread hearts with some of cream cheese. Using for, beat jelly well. Spread over cream cheese. Beat just enough milk into remaining cream cheese to make it creamy and smooth. Place in pastry bag with number 30 rosette tip. Pipe decorative edge around each heart. Makes 20 sandwiches.
© Copyright 1973 by The McCall Publishing Co. All rights reserved. Printed in U.S.A.