2 racks sparerbis (about 4 1/2 lb in all)
6 bacon slices, diced
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped celery
1 can (1lb 4 1/2oz) crushed pineapple
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 cup packaged stuffing mix
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon salt
4 lemon slices
1. Have butcher crack ribs into serving size pieces. Preheat oven to 450F. Wipe ribs with damp paper towels.
2. Place ribs on rack in shallow, open roasting pan. Roast 30 minutes. Pour off excess fat. Set ribs aside.
3. Reduce oven temperature to 350F.
4. Make Stuffing: In medium skillet, sauté bacon until crisp. Remove. Add onion and celery to drippings, sauté until onion is tender – about 5 minutes. Pour off fat.
5. Drain pineapple, reserving liquid. Set aside. In medium bowl, beat egg slightly. Add bacon, sautéed vegetables, pineapple, parsley, stuffing mix, and seasoned salt; toss lightly with fork.
6. Spread stuffing evenly over one rack of spareribs; cover with second rack; tie with string to secure. Sprinkle with ginger and salt, and arrange lemon slices on top. Return to rack in roasting pan.
7. Cover with foil. Roast 1 hour. Remove foil, and continue roasting 1 1/2 hours, or until tender, brushing often with reserved pineapple liquid.
8. To serve: With scissors, cut through spareribs. Remove to heated serving dish. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
©Copyright 1973 The McCall Publishing Co. All rights reserved. Printed in U.S.A.