Preparation time: 15 min.
Cooking time: about 15 min.
Easily-made, this unusual confection is wonderful as a holiday treat. Include it with other candies for a welcome gift.
For about ¾ lb. of candy you will need:
½ cup pure maple syrup or maple blended syrup
½ cup sugar
1 Tbsp. Butter or margarine
½ tsp. Cinnamon
¼ tsp. Ginger
⅛ tsp. each ground cloves and allspice
1½ cups pecans
- In medium saucepan, combine syrup and sugar.
- Bring to boiling over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Using a candy thermometer, cook syrup without stirring until temperature reaches 236°F or the softball stage.
- Remove from heat. Add butter, spices, and salt.
- Stir in nuts, then beat with spoon until syrup begins to thicken and becomes slightly creamy in color.
- Spread on waxed paper, separating nuts with a fork.
- Cook, then store in airtight containers.
© MCMLXXXV MY GREAT RECIPES ALL RIGHTS RESERVED®. PRINTED IN HOLLAND.