1 ½ pkts lemon jelly tablets
1 tablespoon lemon juice
½ lb. white grapes
½ pint milk
6 level teaspoonfuls custard powder
4 level teaspoonfuls sugar
½ pint double cream
black and white grapes for decoration
- Place the ½ pkt lemon jelly tablet in a graduated measure, add lemon juice and make up to ½ pint with hot water. When jelly has dissolved leave in a cold place until the consistency of unbeaten egg white. Fold in the skinned and pipped grapes. Turn into a 2-pint ring jelly mould. Leave to set.
- Make a custard using milk, custard powder and sugar. Leave to cool, stirring occasionally to prevent a skin forming.
- Dissolve the 1 pkt jelly in ½ pint hot water. Leave to set to consistency of egg white.
- Whip cream to consistency of cold custard. Fold through custard. Whisk jelly and fold into cream mixture. Spook over set jelly in mould.
- Leave until set. Unmould on to a serving dish. Decorate with sugar-frosted grapes.
46/Boeuf Bourguignonne, Duchesse Potatoes, Cole Slaw SET 2
65/Grape Bavaroise SET 4
Numbers refer to other Good Housekeeping card
Good Housekeeping Cookery Cards Hot and Cold Desserts. Set 4.