For the crust:
1 stick + 1 Tablespoon butter
9 ounces whole wheat flour
1 cup vanilla-flavored sugar
⅛ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1 or 2 Tablespoons water
For the filling:
2 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons flour
1 ½ cups milk
3 Tablespoons sugar
2 beaten eggs
9 ounces cream cheese
1 handful raisins
cinnamon to taste
1. Melt the butter in the top of a double boiler.
2. Sift the flour into a large bowl. Make a “well” in the center.
3. Gradually stir in the butter and mix lightly.
4. Add the sugar, salt, the slightly beaten egg, cinnamon and water.
5. Knead the dough for a short time, then set aside in a cool place for 30 minutes.
6. Place this dough in a buttered mold, lining the sides. Prick the surface with a fork.
1. Prepare a white sauce with the butter, flour, milk and salt.
2. Remove from the heat and add the sugar, eggs, cream cheese and raisins. Sprinkle with cinnamon and mix well.
3. Pour the mixture into the mold. Bake in a moderate oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
4. Serve warm or cold.
This pie, together with a fruit salad, makes an excellent meal.
© Shufunotomo Co., Ltd., Japan, 1971. Published in the United States and Canada by BOBLEY PUBLISHING, a division of Illustrated World Encyclopedia, Inc. Printed in Japan.