Preparation time: 10 mins.
Main cooking utensils: bowl, wooden toothpicks
For 6 people you need:
6 red-skinned eating apples
3 tablespoons thick mayonnaise
1 teaspoon tomato paste
dash Tabasco sauce
2 pickled cucumbers, finely sliced
4 stuffed olives, chopped
2/3 cup peeled prawns or shrimp
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
6 whole prawns or shrimp
6 stuffed olives
1. Cut off the tops of the apples, and scoop out the insides to hollow them.
2. Remove all core and pips and dice remaining flesh.
3. Sprinkle the apples with lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
4. Mix the chopped apple with all the other filling ingredients.
5. Just before serving, pile into the apple cases.
6. Decorate with prawn and a stuffed olive on a wooden toothpick.
TO SERVE: With a green salad.
TO VARY: Use same filling with addition of chopped celery or omit the olives and add extra chopped gherkins and a few capers instead.
PRINTED IN CANADA. © Copyright Paul Hamlyn, Ltd. 1967
I would *love* seeing somebody do that in 10 minutes!
I don’t see myself trying to make this, but I love that it exists😆.