Brunch Eggs with Creamed Salmon
Preparation time: about 20 min.
Attractive and delicious for brunch or luncheon, this flavorful dish also might be served for a late Sunday or holiday breakfast. For variety try muffins made with part whole wheat flour.
For 4 servings you will need:
1 can (7 3/4 oz.) salmon
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. Dijon-style mustard
4 Tbsp. minced celery
2 Tbsp. chopped chives
1/8 tsp. salt
2 English muffins, split
4 warm hard-cooked eggs, halved
Chopped fresh parsley or dill
Lettuce and tomato slices
For 2 servings:
Half of the ingredients
For 8 servings:
Double the ingredients but use 1 large can of salmon
1. Drain liquid from salmon and add enough milk to make 2 1/4 cups. Flake salmon and mash round bones. Set aside.
2. Melt butter in heavy saucepan. Blend in flour, 1/2 tsp. salt and black pepper. Remove from heat. Stir in liquid.
3. Return to low heat and cook, stirring, until thickened. Add salmon and keep warm.
4. Toast muffin halves. Spread with mustard. Top with celery, chives and sprinkle with salt.
5. To serve, arrange 2 egg halves, round side up, on each muffin half. Top with the salmon sauce. Sprinkle with parsley or dill. Serve with lettuce and tomato slices.
© MCMLXXXIV My Great Recipes. All Rights Reserved. Printed in Holland.