Cooking time: 10-12 mins.
Preparation time: 10 mins.
Main cooking utensil: frying pan
For 4 people you need:
2 oz. butter
8 oz. scampi, large size*
1 oz. flour
1/2 pint single cream
Or top of the milk
chopped parsley OR chives
1. Melt the butter in a frying pan or heat resisting skillet.
2. Toss the scampi in the seasoned flour and fry carefully for 4-5 minutes. Add more butters if necessary and keep shaking the pan. Take care not to over-cook the scampi.
3. Pour in the cream or top of the milk to make a smooth sauce. Cook, stirring all the time.
4. Season with salt and pepper and lemon juice.
5. Garnish with chopped parsley or chives.
TO SERVE: IN the dish if possible or turned out on a hot dish with rye bread or hot toast and lemon wedges.
TO VARY: Cut plaice or sole into small pieces – fry as the scampi.
TO STORE: Do not store scampi for any time after cooking. If using frozen scampi allow to defrost at room temperature.
*often called Jumbo scampi
126.96.36.199.600390144 ©Copyright Hamlyn Group Ltd. 1973