Lime and Melon Salad Mold
1 envelope (from 5/8 oz pkg) low-calorie lemon flavored gelatin
1 envelope (from 5/8 oz pkg) low-calorie lime flavored gelatin
2 cups boiling water
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 cups (1 lb) diet creamed cottage cheese
1 cup ginger ale
4 large strawberries, washed and hulled
1 cup melon balls (Spanish or honeydew)
1. Combine gelatins in large bowl. Pour boiling water over gelatin, stirring until dissolved. Stir in lime juice.
2. Remove 1 cup of gelatin mixture; set aside. Add cottage cheese to remaining gelatin mixture. Refrigerate.
3. In bowl, combine reserved gelatin mixture and ginger ale. Set bowl in large bowl of ice and water; stir until consistency of unbeaten egg white.
4. Set 7- or 8-cup mold in large bowl of ice and water; pour 1/2 cup gelatin mixture into mold. Slice strawberries, and arrange slices, overlapping, on gelatin in mold. Let stand just until set.
5. Add melon balls to remaining gelatin mixture. Spook over gelatin layer in mold. Let stand until just set.
6. Spoon chilled cottage cheese mixture over melon layer in mold.
7. Refrigerate until firm – at least 2 1/2 hours.
8. To unmold: Run small spatula around edge of mold. Set mold in bowl of warm water for 15 seconds. Invert over serving plate; shake to release; lift off mold. Garnish with watercress.
Makes 6 servings; 125 calories each.
© Copyright 1973 by The McCall Publishing Co. All rights reserved. Printed in U.S.A.