Preparation time: 15 min.
Chilling time: 30-45 min.
This particular cucumber salad originated in Europe but it almost as popular in our country. A delight for a weight-watcher since cucumbers are very low in calories.
For 4 servings you will need:
3 cucumbers, about 8 inches each
2 Tbsp. salt
1 cup natural yogurt or sour cream
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice or 1/2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
1/2 tsp. lemon pepper or freshly ground pepper
Chopped fresh chives, dill or parsley for garnish, optional.
1. Wash and peel cucumbers, Cut into wafer-thin slices. Put into a bowl.
2. Sprinkle with salt. Cover and let stand in refrigerator for about 30 min.
3. Rinse cucumber in very cold water, preferably with some ice cubes. Drain. Chill again.
4. Meanwhile mix yogurt or sour cream with lemon juice or vinegar.
5. Place cucumber in serving bowl. Top with yogurt mixture. Sprinkle with lemon pepper or ground pepper. Garnish with chives, dill or parsley, if you like.
Tips: When buying always look for firm, crisp and well shaped cucumbers with a bright green color.
For 2 servings: Half of the ingredients
For 8 servings: Double the ingredients
©MCMLXXXIV My Great Recipes. All Rights Reserved. Printed in Holland.
Always been a favourite of mine.