1 teaspoon instant minced onion
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 small head cabbage, cut in wedges and cored
2 large carrots, pared, halved, and sliced lengthwise
1 can (1 lb) white potatoes, drained
1 can (12 oz) corned beef, chilled and sliced
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1. In 10-inch skillet, add onion, salt, and pepper to 2 cups water; bring to boiling.
2. Add cabbage wedges and carrot sticks. Cover, and bring to boiling; reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
3. Remove cover, and add potatoes and corned-beef slices.
4. Cover, and continue cooking 5 minutes, or until cabbage is tender.
5. To serve: Using wide, slotted utensil, alternate cabbage wedges and corned-beef slices in center of warmed serving dish. Mound carrots and potatoes around edge of dish. Sprinkle potatoes with parsley. Serve with mustard, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
© Copyright 1973 by The McCall Publishing Co. All rights reserved. Printed in U.S.A.