Cooking time: 15 mins.
Preparation time: few mins
Main cooking utensils: skillet, broiler pan, or toaster
For 6 people you need:
12 pork sausages
3 slices bacon
2 dessert apples
6 rounds bread
1. Prick and fry the sausages until golden brown – they should be friend without extra fat.
2. When cooked put onto a hot dish and keep warm.
3. Cut each bacon slice into halves, roll and secure with a wooden toothpick and fry with little or no shortening until crisp, put with the sausages.
4. Slice the tomatoes – do not cook.
5. Fry the cored, sliced apples in the hot fat until golden brown on either side.
6. Toast the bread (or fry if preferred).
7. Put the sausages on top of the bread, then rings of apple and tomato; garnish with parsley.
8 Arrange bacon rolls around dish.
TO SERVE: Hot with baked beans or mashed potatoes and a green vegetable.
TO VARY: Spread the bread with a little mustard or chutney after toasting.
Printed in Canada. ©Copyright Paul Hamlyn Ltd. 1967
I don’t remember seeing this in my set of Margerite Patten cards.
Are there different versions? Because this looks like one I need to try!
I don’t think there are. Do you have all the cards in the Lamb and Pork section?
I don’t know. Maybe not. But to be honest, I haven’t sat down and really combed through it.
I need to do that, really.
It’s a gift the keeps giving. I’ve been through it a few times and am still surprised by what i find.
What is a dessert apple?
I had to Google! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_apple
These are very cute