Cooking time: 15 mins.
Preparation time: few mins
Main cooking utensils: skillet, broiler pan, or toaster
For 6 people you need:
12 pork sausages
3 slices bacon
2 dessert apples
6 rounds bread
1. Prick and fry the sausages until golden brown – they should be friend without extra fat.
2. When cooked put onto a hot dish and keep warm.
3. Cut each bacon slice into halves, roll and secure with a wooden toothpick and fry with little or no shortening until crisp, put with the sausages.
4. Slice the tomatoes – do not cook.
5. Fry the cored, sliced apples in the hot fat until golden brown on either side.
6. Toast the bread (or fry if preferred).
7. Put the sausages on top of the bread, then rings of apple and tomato; garnish with parsley.
8 Arrange bacon rolls around dish.
TO SERVE: Hot with baked beans or mashed potatoes and a green vegetable.
TO VARY: Spread the bread with a little mustard or chutney after toasting.
Printed in Canada. ©Copyright Paul Hamlyn Ltd. 1967