Cooking time: few mins. to dissolve gelatin
Preparation time: 10 mins
Main cooking utensils: saucepan, 4 custar cups
For 4 people you need:
scant 2 cups tomato juice
2 envelopes gelatin
2/3 cup water
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup chopped ham
few lettuce leaves
1. Pour tomato juice into a bowl
2. Soak gelatin in the water for 5 minutes and dissolve over a gentle heat – see below.
3. Add to tomato juice and stir well.
4. Add Worcestershire sauce and seasoning and stir well until the mixture begins to thicken.
5. Add peeled, cored and finely chopped apple and ham and pour into four custard cups.
6. Leave to set until firm.
TO SERVE: Turn onto a bed of lettuce. These molds are excellent with cold meat.
TO VARY: Use grated cheese instead of ham.
TO STORE: In the refrigerator
Gelatin dissolves more readily if soaked in cold liquid for a short time – it should NOT be boiled. With small quantities of liquid, dissolve it in a bowl over hot water – otherwise in a saucepan over VERY LOW heat.
Printed in Canada. ©Copyright Paul Hamlyn Ltd. 1967.
This is great! I’ve been looking for tomato aspec. Thoughts?