Cooking time: 40 mins.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Main cooking utensils: saucepan, casserole or ovenproof dish
Oven temperature: 350-375° F.
Oven position: center
For 4-5 servings you need:
2 1/2 cups chicken stock or water and 1-2 chicken bouillon cubes
generous 1/2 cup long grain rice
1/4 0 1/3 lb sliced green beans
3 tablespoons finely chopped green sweet pepper
1 can frankfurters, approximately 1 1/2 lb.
1 can sweetcorn
1. Bring the stock or water and bouillon cubes to the boil.
2. Add the rice, bring to the boil, and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add the peeled diced carrots and onions, the beans, chopped green pepper, and seasoning; cook for a further 5 minutes.
4. Cut some of the frankfurters into thin slices, havel the remainder.
5. Mix the sliced franfurters and sweetcorn into the rice mixture, together with any liquid from the cans.
6. Spoon into the casserole or dish, top with the halved frankfurters and bake for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender in a 350-375° F. oven.
TO SERVE: Hot with mixed salads
TO VARY: Use diced cooked ham or cooked chicken in place of frankfurters or add neatly diced uncooked white fish at stage 2 together with a few shelled prawns or shrimp at stage 5.
Printed in Canada. © Copyright The Hamlyn Publishing Group Ltd 1973