Cooking time: 5 mins.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Main cooking utensil: 9-by-5-in loaf pan
For 6 people you need:
1/2-3/4 lb cold turkey
1/4 lb cooked ham
1 medium onion
2 tablespoons butter
2 green sweet peppers
1-2 sharp apples
3 3/4 cups cream of chicken soup
3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
1/3 cup water
1. Chop or grind turkey and ham.
2. Peel and slice the onion and toss in hot butter for 2-3 minutes
3. Mix together turkey, ham, and onion with chopped peppers, apples, and soup.
4. Soften gelatin in the water for a few minutes and heat gently in bowl over hot water to dissolve.
5. Add to soup mixture and stir well. Season to taste
6. Pour into the loaf pan and allow to set for 3-4 hours. It may be lightly frosted after setting by putting into freezing compartment of refrigerator for 1/2-1 hour.
7. Turn out onto a dish and garnish with parsley.
TO SERVE: With cream cheese, salad and fruit
TO VARY: Use chicken in place of turkey.
TO STORE: In refrigerator.
Printed in Canada. © Copyright Paul Hamlyn Ltd. 1967
Mandee, had you been holding this card in reserve? You have outdone yourself; kudos to you! I am dreading the day when you announce you have run out of these reminders of a time when chemical cooking was embraced.