Cooking time: few mins. to heat water for aspic
Preparation time: 10 mins
Main cooking utensil: 1-quart bowl
For 4 people you need:
2 teaspoons gelatin
1/4 cup cold water
1 cup hot water
2 hard-cooked eggs
medium can salmon
1 cup cottage cheese
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon olives or dill pickles
1. Soak gelatin for 5 minutes in cold water. Dissolve in hot water and allow to cool.
2. Pour a 1/4 inch layer into the dish, allow to set
3. When set arrange thin slices of cucumber and 1 sliced hard-cooked egg on the bottom.
4. Pour another 1/4-inch layer of jelly on top, allow this to set.
5. Mix together remaining aspic jelly, 1 chopped egg, flaked salmon, cottage cheese, mayonnaise, seasoning, and chopped olives or pickles.
6. Put into dish and chill until set.
TO SERVE: Turn out onto a plate, serve with salad.
TO VARY: Use finely chopped chicken in place of salmon, or tuna fish, or white fish.
TO STORE: In refrigerator.
©Copyright Paul Hamlyn, Ltd. 1967 Printed in Canada.