Graham Cracker Crust
1 cup packaged graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup butter or regular margarine, melted
Cream Cheese Filling
4 pkg (3-oz) soft cream cheese
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons flour
3/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
3/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 egg yolks
1 cup canned or cooked pumpkin
Sour Cream Topping
1 1/2 cups dairy sour cream
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Make Graham Cracker Crust: In medium bowl, with fork, lightly toss crumbs with butter, to mix well. With back of metal spoon, press to bottom and sides (not rim) of 9-inch pie plate. Refrigerate.
2. Preheat oven to 350F.
3. Make Pumpkin-Cheese Filling: In large bowl of electric mixer, combine cheese, 3/4 cup sugar, flour, peels, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, eggs, egg yolks, and pumpkin; beat at medium speed until smooth.
4. Turn into crust. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until center of pie seems firm when pie is gently shaken.
5. Meanwhile, make Sour Cream Topping: In small bowl, combine sour cream with sugar and vanilla; mix well.
6. Spread topping evenly over pie. Bake 10 minutes longer.
7. Let pie cook completely on wire rack – about 1 hour.
8 Refrigerate, overnight.
Make 8 servings.
©Copyright 1973 by The McCall Publishing Co. All rights reserved. Printed in U.S.A.
delicious; not too sweet. perfect for those who don’t love pumpkin.
I made this every Thanksgiving and somehow lost the card. You saved me!!! So happy you posted this. Thank you.