2 cups (1/2 lb) fresh or frozen cranberries
1 cup sugar
1 cinnamon stick
1 cup port or cranberry-juice cocktail
2 envelopes unflavored gelatine
2 1/2 cups unsweetened grapefruit juice
1 1/2 cups unpeeled Golden Delicious or Cortland apple
1 cup chopped celery
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup dairy sour cream
1. Wash and drain cranberries; remove stems.
2. Turn into 3 1/2 quart saucepan. Add sugar, cinnamon stick, and port. Bring to boiling: reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, sprinkle gelatine over 1/4 cup cold water, and let stand 5 minutes.
4 Remove cinnamon stick from cranberry mixture. Drain; reserve cranberries and liquid.
5. In saucepan, bring cranberry liquid to boiling. Add gelatine, stirring until dissolved.
6. Remove from heat. Add grapefruit juice to make 4 cups.
7. Refrigerate in large bowl, 50 to 6 minutes, until consistency of unbeaten egg white.
8. Fold in apple, celery, onion, and cranberries. Turn into 1 1/2 quart ring mold. Refrigerate 2 hours, until salad is frim.
9. To serve: Run small spatula around edge of mold; invert onto serving plate, place hot dishcloth over mold, shake gently.
10. Combine mayonnaise and sour cream; serve with salad. Garnish salad with greens. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
©Copyright 1973 by The McCall Publishing Co. All rights reserved. Printed in the U.S.A.