1 lb eggplant
4 zucchini (about 1lb)
3 tablespoons salad oil
1 medium onion, sliced
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 jar (4 1/2 oz) sliced mushrooms, drained
1 jar (7 1/4 oz roasted pimientos, drained
1 1/2lb ground chuck
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
6 drops Tabasco
1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed Cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1. Wash and dry unpeeled eggplant and zucchini. Cut eggplant lengthwise into quarters; slice eggplant and zucchini crosswise, 1/4 inch thick.
2. In large skilled, heat oil. Add eggplant, zucchini, onion and parsley. Cook over medium heat, covered, 15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Stir in mushrooms and pimientos.
3. In large skillet, sauté ground chuck, stirring, just until red color disappears. Pour off fat. Stir in salt, oregano, tomato paste, and Tabasco. Cook, stirring, several minutes longer.
4. Heat cheese soup, stirring, until boiling.
5. In round, shallow casserole (about 2-quart size), arrange vegetables around edge; place meat mixture in center; cover meet with cheese soup. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese. Run under broiler 2 to 3 minutes, or until lightly browned on top.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
©Copyright 1973 by The McCally Publishing Co. All rights reserved. Printed in U.S.A.
I love the plastic massive blob of cheese on the top of this. And what an exotic recipe. My mother approves!
THAT IS NOT FOOD!
This is an awsome recipe! My Mother used to make this, and I make it now for my family–we all cant wait to make this when the eggplant and Zucchini are ready in our garden. I still have this recipe card handed down to me from my Mother. 😀
i used to have these great american recipes and this was one of my favorites
Reblogged this on Our Cocooning World and commented:
I want to eat more eggplant.