12 pairs frogs’ legs
Salad oil for frying
1/2 cup unsifted all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
Tartar Sauce (below)
1. In shallow baking dish, arrange frogs’ legs in single layer. Add enough milk to just cover legs. Let stand 1 hour.
2. Heat oil (2 to 2 1/2 inches deep) in medium saucepan to 375° on deep frying thermometer.
3. In plastic bag, combine flour, salt and pepper.
4. Drain frogs’ legs, but do not dry. Add to flour mixture, a few at a time, and shake to coat evenly.
5. Drop, a few at a time, into hot oil, and cook until golden brown, turning once – about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
6. Serve with lemon wedges and Tartar Sauce.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
1 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup drained sweet-pickle relish
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon drained capers
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1 teaspoon grated onion
1/8 teaspoon salt
1. In bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well.
2. Cover, and refrigerate – about 1 hour.
Makes 1 1/3 cups.
©Copyright 1973 by The McCall Publishing Co. All rights reserved. Printed in U.S.A.
Can you please help I’m looking for the Apple Squares recipe and The Jambalaya recipe Card from this collection 1973 year. Can you please help thank you so much. It would be so appreciated . I have the original collection but those two cards are missing. Thank you in advance😊😊