A different and delicious pot roast, this unusual combination will surprise and delight your family. Serve with a green salad for a complete dinner.
For 6 servings you will need:
3 1/2 lbs. blade cut or round bone pot roast
1 tsp. onion salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. paprika
Garlic salt, optional
1 bottle (12 oz.) chili sauce
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup brown sugar
4 to 6 raw potatoes, peeled and cut in quarters
3 carrots, cut in 1/2 inch diagonal slices
1 cup pitted prunes, cooked
1. Season pot roast with onion salt, pepper, paprika, and a little garlic salt, if desired.
2. Cook, uncovered, at 350°F for 30 minutes. Turn and brown the other side in the same manner.
3. Mix together chili sauce and water. Pour over meat.
4. Pat brown sugar on top of meat and stirring some into sauce.
5. Cover. Roast for about 2 hours, basting frequently.
6. Add potatoes, carrots and prunes. Continue cooking until meat and potatoes are tender. Baste potatoes, meat and carrots frequently.
7. To serve, arrange vegetables around meat on platter or cut into serving size portions.
Tips: This dish is just as delicious reheated the following day or two. To cook prunes, cover with water. Simmer about 30 minutes.
©MCMLXXXV My Great Recipes® All Rights Reserved. Printed in Holland.