Portion of leg of lamb (about 2 lbs with bone in)
6 stalks of spring onions (cut into 2 inch section)
6 slices ginger
3 tbsps. oil for cooking
2 cloves garlic (sliced)
5 pkgs unflavored gelatine dissolved in 2 cups cold water
1/3 cup soya sauce
3 tbsps dry sherry
2 tbsps sugar
1 tsp. monosodium glutamate
2 tsps. salt
5 cups water
1) Chop leg of lamb into pieces; cook and brown well all around in 3 tbsps oil with green onions, garlic and ginger; sprinkle in 3 tbsps dry sherry and the rest of the seasoning.
2) Cover and cook over high heat until boiling; reduce heat and simmer until meat is tender (about 2-3 hours)
3) Remove all bones; be sure that there is still sufficient liquid to cover all the meat.
4) Add in the softened gelatine; mix well.
5) Pour it into a shallow pan; cool and chill for 2-3 hours.
6) Remove the top layer of solidified fat; cut into desired shapes and arrange nicely on plate.